What's it all about?

this is my blog about luck, love, career and fashion. the most important aspects of a young woman's life... not necessarily in that order.

Monday, October 17, 2011

A Weekend with the In-Laws (2)

I had avoided switching on the light in the bathroom because I was still too sleepy and wanted to wee, flush and go back to bed. But the checkered bathroom tiles were splotchy with blood... My boyfriend stood behind me and mumbled: "Was that you?" I looked at him incredulously: "What? You think when I have my menstruation I squat over the bathroom floor and bleed on it? For fun or what?"He grinned; "No, probably Dad right?" I scooted into the kitchen, I really wanted to wee... Disinfectant and kitchen roll. "Don't worry, I'll do it." He strolled into the kitchen while I got down on my knees and started soaking the blood, as it had dried already, and wiping it away. It only took 10minutes or so and I was finally able to wee.

We awoke to his dad knocking on the door: "Time to get up. It's ten o'clock." We both looked at each other: were we really being told to get up in our own home? Oh well... And so we got up. His dad was stood in the door: "Dad? Did one of you two hurt yourselves last night or did you slaughter a pig in the bathroom?". His dad looked at us: "Oh, no. I banged my toe. Was there a lot of blood? I didn't notice." Sleepily I started putting the mattresses back. Within minutes we had managed to put everything back but unfortunately also managed to break the internet cable off the plug in the wall. "Oh no..."

And so I showered ridiculously quickly and made my to the electric store and marched through, eyes barely open and totally clueless to the first salesman I could find. And within minutes I had the cable in my hand and was making my way home. It took a whole 30minutes and I was back home to notice huge crease marks on my left cheek. So I was still really sleepy...

But the weekend ended nicely. We bid them goodbye with freshly baked brownies and sunny weather and spent the rest of the weekend watching movies and going for a long walk on Sunday.

And now a new week has begun. And so has the countdown. Holiday, here we come...

No comments:

Post a Comment