What's it all about?

this is my blog about luck, love, career and fashion. the most important aspects of a young woman's life... not necessarily in that order.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Train Journey in Hotpants

www.zaggora.de/hotpants/
Today I decided to wear my Zaggora Hotpants to work. But hold up: let me start from the beginning. A week ago I received my order from London. A pair of Hotpants with which I can apparently lose 2 clothes sizes in two weeks. Hey, it was reduced- so why not give it a shot! I'm lazy, lack self-control and hate jogging so why not try something where I actually don't have to do anything but put them on and go about my business. (Although even the thought of having to put them on and then also put trousers on feels one step too far for me. I'm telling you, I'm lazy.)

So this morning I thought yeah, why not. I have to walk quite a bit to work so hopefully it'll be worth it. The pants are relatively comfortable. Like a pair of riding shorts in wetsuit look, feel and smell kind of comfortable. But hey, losing weight isn't meant to be fun and games. It all fit underneath my clothes and apart from a slight diver smell it isn't noticeable either (nothing a little perfume won't cover).

And it proved to have been a good idea to put on a little more perfume than usual because my train journey was a nightmare. Packed like sardines and smelling like them too I clenched my bum cheeks together and braved the journey. Each stop emptied the train a little but also filled it a little more. I tried to concentrate on my loose knees trying to ying and yang my body in harmony to the start and stop of the train. It wasn't proving easy. The train jerked and I suddenly noticed a very foul smell. Like foul eggs; foul eggs that had been eaten by someone and let out again in gaseous form. I gagged. I've said it once and I'll say it again: my stomach is not strong in the morning. Quickly I grabbed my scarf and covered my mouth. It managed to stop the worst of it. A bike rolled over my foot. I love mornings.

Once out I gasped and breathed in deeply. It would be a lie to say I breathed in fresh air cos let's face it, this is Berlin. But it was a relief... And so I made my way to the bus station: fully aware that I would probably have to wait 15minutes. I walked in long strides trying to make the most of the hotpants. But my legs were still cold and frosty. And they still are pretty cold. But I'm sat down, the pants safely hidden beneath my trousers and can't wait for two weeks to check whether in two weeks I will notice a change.

Go, Zaggora, go! And only a few more days of stuffy, over-filled trains... yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment