What's it all about?

this is my blog about luck, love, career and fashion. the most important aspects of a young woman's life... not necessarily in that order.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Hell Bent on Leather

The newest fashion shows drift my way throughout the day and what I have to say I feel is missing is leather. I believe it's still gonna come. Cos let's be honest: spring is not only gonna bring pastels, it's gonna bring leather combined with pastel and the wonderful harmony of rough rock with light and girly...

In order to bring this closer to home (in my home to be exact), I have composed the following clothes collages to serve as some inspiration to everyone (including the designers: not sounding at all cocky now, ey?). I've put together an assortment of stuff from casual to chic to office to rock. Enjoy!

A word about the leather trousers:
I bought three of the same sort in different colours: camel beige, dark brown and black. Slightly high-waisted (makes for a great figure and stops any potential muffin-top falling out!), slim leg, with no pockets (Lagerfeld himself believes in sewing them up for a better fit) and with a stretchy band of material so that you can move easily and they don't bulge too much (classic leather difficulty). Quite good value for money ('nough said: fashion has its price).

LIGHT CAMEL: Office/Date/Family-Do
The following is a whole mix of wonderful colours and textures. 
- camel beige leather trousers feel warn against the 
- beige kimono with wonderful fuchsia, peach, jade and red splashes of colour, setting off the
- jade and red necklace and perfect with a peachy nail varnish to avoid any clashes and
- a simple peach or here it looks more fuchsia ribbed strappy top underneath.
- casual during the day with cowboy boots and 
- dressy in the evening with a strappy, leather, plateau, wooden-optic sandal that doesn't overpower.
- with it I love a plait that goes once round my head and a peach coloured flower with minimal make-up.

Kimono: HM, Shoes: BLU, Boots: Buffalo,
Top: Zara, Varnish: Manhattan

BLACK: Party/Friends
This is one of my faves. I'm not really a Rock kinda girl but every now and then I love to smudge intense kohl eyeliner over acrid green eyeshadow and tease my fringe into an elvis quiff. Additionally, I love contrast and bold with a cheeky wink of the eye. So, here we go:
- starting with the leather trousers that suggest rock, cool and hard I just adore the contrast of the
- screaming green sleeveless frog vest with "Just Kiss Me" emblazoned across it. Did I mention I also have a passion for frogs? Well, there you go. Covered with
- a vest, left open to allow for the print to be seen I like to wear
- matching green, squeaky wellie half-boots or, if I am hitting town and rocking hard then
- plateau booties which are incredibly comfortable and match the trousers perfectly. To top it off, my
- vintage necklaces (Ok, they belonged to my gran so not that vintage-y) but the heart and apple are further symbols that I love to combine with my outfits.

Top and Vest: CA, Wellies: Rossmann, Booties: HM
Necklace: Nanna's

DARK BROWN: Office/Date/Family-Do/Party
For this last pair I was indecisive which look to show you so I decided to do both. The dark brown is elegant, rocky and smart at the same time so they are suitable in many ways for all occasions.

The first look is complemented with my own design. Here goes:
- the T-Shirt is my own brand and design. I drew the character myself (he comes in many shapes and sizes, see here: MOOPY or directly on Facebook. I love it (not cos I drew it) but because it is so easily combined with blue jeans, white jeans, blazers, denim jackets and it always looks smart and raises eyebrows and makes people smile. Anyhows, combined with a
- denim shirt to add a little blue to the rather sombre tones and smartened up with a
- blazer that buttons in the waist. I like to keep my style preppy so I normally tie my hair in a low, sloppy side bun and cover fringe and all with a brown hunter-style hat (which we also used in the photo shoot) and my favorite
- black, pure, simple, leather heels and no accessories (the print speaks for itself).
- simple black, relatively thick eyeliner on top lid, mascara and a sheer, pinky gloss. Done.

T-Shirt: MissLisa, Denim Shirt: HM, Blazer: Zara
Hat: Zara, Shoes: Stradivarius

The second outfit is lighter, floaty and ideal for a romantic date in candelight or a summery day out with friends or family. Elegant, chic but still stylish. 
- the floaty, shoulder-free, slightly transparent but still child-friendly, elbow length top looks fabulous teamed with
- gold accessories in this case with a vintage flower pattern on pearl and pink stone twined in gold and a gold, bracelet watch with a 
- pair of suede, dark blue, grid, platform shoes (extremely comfortable and my
- hair in beach-babe curls and small, delicate bud earrings with a pastel blue and pink eyeshadow and sheer, fuchsia-coloured gloss. (I promise to do smthg on make-up sometime soon also!)

Top: HM, Accessories: Bonprix and Nanna, Shoes: Deichmann

There you go. That was hell bent on leather. Let me know if you have suggestions for the next blog entry: colour, material, style etc. and I will try and make it happen for you.

UPDATE: Yves Saint Laurent is getting into leather with the men this year. Also a great idea!! See article here: Yves Saint Laurent Fall 2012.

2 comments: